Thread: Directions For This Forum

arr Directions For This Forum

I tried to create a potter's field forum. This became difficult because there very few listed on the web or in archies, it also was unimportant except perhaps to geneologists in finding family lines. What I was really looking for were graves, from say the 1950s until now that contain remains that have not been identified. There are some on findagrave. Some on findagrave that are not even listed here. There are many in archives, just have to hunt them down and call the graveyards and see if they are still unidentified, which is easy.

Anything anyone can come up with will be helpful. I have said this a million times I know, but the reason that so many are missing and unidentified is because a lot of missing and unidentified are not listed, readily available for the police to see, so that they can make a match. An huge effort on the part of this website and other websites has been put forth to rectify this situation. Anything will be helpful.

StaceyK Guest

Default Re: Directions For This Forum

Starless,

Beth & Baby Doe are buried in the Carbon County Potter's Field. Find-a-Grave says this potter's field is in Harrity, Pa.

However, we recently found out from PA State Police that this Potter's Field is in another area. I will be searching this out later this month...I am not sure where exactly I will find her at this point, but I am going to look again. I will notify FAG with any new info I discover.

This Potter's Field has 84 graves, only 14 are idenified. Pa State Police advised me not to mix up the grave next to Beth, another UID infant, with Beth & Baby Doe.

OMG! So not only am I amazed at how many UID and missing people there are, but how many UID babies? This is just freaking me out! AAHHHHHHHH!!!!

StaceyK Guest

The Boy in the Box (found 1958? - still UID) ....

This child was originally buried in a Potter's Field on the border of Phila. and Bensalem, PA (zip code 19154). This child was exhumed a few years ago and reburied in (I think) Holy Sepulcher Cemetery by the Philadelphia Police Department. Bless these policemen's hearts - they paid for the reinterment.

Maybe we can investigate Potter's Fields in each city?

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyK View Post
    Starless,

Beth & Baby Doe are buried in the Carbon County Potter's Field. Find-a-Grave says this potter's field is in Harrity, Pa.

However, we recently found out from PA State Police that this Potter's Field is in another area. I will be searching this out later this month...I am not sure where exactly I will find her at this point, but I am going to look again. I will notify FAG with any new info I discover.

This Potter's Field has 84 graves, only 14 are idenified. Pa State Police advised me not to mix up the grave next to Beth, another UID infant, with Beth & Baby Doe.

OMG! So not only am I amazed at how many UID and missing people there are, but how many UID babies? This is just freaking me out! AAHHHHHHHH!!!!
    Supposed to be called the Laurytown Road Cemetery ?? So wherever that is. I can't believe you didn't get to visit when you were there, but she did get some spectacular photos of the scene where Beth and Baby were found.

StaceyK Guest

I will be back later this month - NOW I have directions thanks to PA State Police!