staceyk Guest

bflower Little Miss Panasoffkee - UID FL 1971

Panasoffkee Jane Doe

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/470uffl.html

The Doe Network:
    Case File 470UFFL

Reconstructions of Victim at different ages
    Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on February 19, 1971 in Lake Panasoffkee, Sumter County, Florida
    • Estimated Date of Death: Two to three weeks prior to discovery
    • Killed by Homicide by strangulation

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18-23 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 100 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly mixed with Native. Black or dark brown hair.
    • Skeletal Findings: Orthopedic surgery had been performed on her right ankle due to instability in the ankle. The procedure, known as a "Watson-Jones" technique, involved drilling two small holes in the ankle bone and winding a tendon through them. The surgery probably occurred between 1967 and 1970. She had given birth to at least one child.
    • Clothing: Flowered printed shawl with a fringed border; plain cotton blouse; green flowered pants; bra and nylon underwear. Large, clear stone ring on right finger, yellow metal watch on left wrist.
    • Dentals: Available. She had extensive dental work, including caps, fillings and crowns. A porcelain crown on one of her front teeth.
    • DNA: Available.

Case History
    The victim's decomposed body was spotted in Lake Panasoffkee by two hitchhikers crossing the Panasoffkee bridge on February 19, 1971.
    Police were notified and it was quickly determined that the girl had been strangled by a man's size 36 belt, which was still around her throat.
    Forensic artist Linda Galeener created a composite of the victim. When no one came to claim her body, Galeener was asked to create age-regression drawings, showing what the girl may have looked like at ages 6 and 12. Again, no one identified her.
    The victims is nicknamed "Little Miss Panasoffkee" and it is quite possible that she was a runaway.
    Authorities believe she was murdered else where and dumped off the bridge.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Sumter County Sheriff's Office
    352-93-0278
    OR
    District 5 Medical Examiner
    352-326-5961
    Email </STRONG>
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
    Agency Case Number:
    A-10-71

NCIC Number:
    U-276515052
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
    Unsolved Mysteries episode from 1991
    Daily Sun
    NamUs

_________________________ ____________________

I saw this on a rerun of "Unsolved Mysteries" while stuck in a motel during the recent blizzard here.
    sk

staceyk Guest

bflower Re: Little Miss Panasoffkee - UID FL 1971

Oddities regarding this case -

Orthopedic surgery had been performed on her right ankle due to instability in the ankle. The procedure, known as a "Watson-Jones" technique, involved drilling two small holes in the ankle bone and winding a tendon through them. The surgery probably occurred between 1967 and 1970. She had given birth to at least one child.

Dentals: Available. She had extensive dental work, including caps, fillings and crowns. A porcelain crown on one of her front teeth.

Default Re: Little Miss Panasoffkee - UID FL 1971

I haven't looked at her case in a long time, I was surprised at how much information doenetwork or whoever did, found on her. I used to do this thing on here called "Mystery Case" and I would pick 10 or 20 random cases and number them, and then ask anyone who wanted a Mystery Case to pick a number, then that was theirs to do with what they wanted. I actually picked this Jane Doe as my own mystery case at one point and I could find out nothing at all, absolutely nothing, since then there is a lot more on her.

staceyk Guest

Could they be related? Belt around the neck?

Could what be related ??

If you're talking about related to swn jane doe, I doubt it, really far away and Panasofkee was dumped in water, swan buried and covered. Just a lot of differences, alot.

I have been finding it a little odd, and it's probably nothing, the similarities I'm seeing in swan, caledonia and a maryland unidentified.

cali http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

swan http://doenetwork.org/cases/720ufma.html

Maryland Unidentified http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/615ufmd.html

staceyk Guest

Starless,

What is the connection to the MD UID?

No connection between all three, they just give me the same feeling I guess. Young women, not rich, poor dentals, 2 at lkeast so far shot in the head, 2 dragged to where they were found, off a road in wooded areas, 2 in November 1 year apart, just alot of similarities that don't mean a thing so far.

Little Miss Pansoffkee was found in very shallow, weedy water, more like muck, below an overpass. Assuming that she was thrown off the overpass, the fact of landing in water would seem to be incidental rather than relevant. The dental work and ankle surgery reflect a person well taken-care-of. I think she was a runaway from a distant state and somehow fell through the cracks. I suspect that she was a victim of Gerard Schafer.
    DES

Schafer was creepy to the max. I have this book, and it has some drawings in it he did. CREEPY !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast