Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aliayah Lunsford

Default Re: Aliayah Lunsford

Search for Aliayah Lunsford Moves to New Location

A new area is now the focus of the search for a missing three year old in Lewis County.

FBI Special Agent Jeff Killeen says the Mobile Command in the Aliayah Lunsford search has been temporarily moved to a remote location after receiving what he called "valuable information."

He won't say what areas they're looking in exactly but folks in the county tell us that most of the search is going on in the Vadis area.

Local, state and federal agencies are still looking at Aliayah's disappearance as a murder, an abduction or a concealment.

She hasn't been seen in over a month.

Video:
    http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/l...o-new-location

Help Find Aliayah Lunsford on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...56048507817784

Relative begs for return of missing 3-year-old W.Va. girl, won't stop hoping she's still alive

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — A relative of a 3-year-old Lewis County girl missing for nearly six weeks has issued a public plea for her return, offering to arrange a pickup of the child, no questions asked.

The little girl's great-aunt, Vickie Bowen, released a statement through WDTV-TV (http://bit.ly/szeH1E), asking anyone with information about Aliayah Lunsford to call her.

"You don't even have to tell me who you are, just arrange for me to pick her up," it reads. "You don't have to be there. ... Just please keep her safe. She is loved by so many. Please do this, we want her home!!"

Bowen told The Associated Press on Thursday that her faith in God is behind her confidence that the child is still alive.

"I will never give up hope until I'm proven wrong," she said in a telephone interview. "Without hope, we have nothing."

Aliayah vanished from the family's home near Bendale on Sept. 24. Investigators have said they consider her disappearance a Crime, but they have made no arrests and named no suspects.

Bowen said the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have told the family no more than they've told the media about the case, but she's hoping for some news in a press briefing set for Thursday afternoon in Weston.

Lena Lunsford told police her daughter was in bed at 6:30 a.m. the day she disappeared but was gone when she checked on her later. There's been no sign of the child since.

Aliayah is about 3 feet tall and 35 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing purple pajama bottoms and a pink sweat shirt.

At the time of the disappearance, Lena Lunsford was eight months pregnant with twins and had four other children, from 9 months to 11 years old. Bowen told the AP Lena Lunsford has yet to deliver her babies, but she has lost custody of her other children to state child-welfare authorities.

Lena Lunsford, 29, was indicted this week on multiple counts of welfare fraud, accused of swapping credits on her food stamp card for $50 cash five times in two months. She is charged with conspiracy to defraud the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and five related fraud counts for knowingly selling her federal benefits.

Lunsford's public defender, Brian Kornbrath, has not responded to telephone and email messages seeking comment about her case.

Lunsford and her husband have not made any public statements about their daughter, and Bowen said she doesn't understand why.

She said she decided to speak out so Aliayah is not forgotten.

The little girl's great-aunt, Vickie Bowen, released a statement through WDTV-TV (http://bit.ly/szeH1E):

At a press conference held Thursday, the FBI announced that they will be offering a formal $20,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest or conviction of those involved in the Aliayah Lunsford Case. Tune in to First at 5 for the latest details.

ORIGINAL STORY (11/2)

Wednesday marks 40 days since Aliayah Lunsford was last seen in her Lewis County home and there's no word on where she may be. Her great aunt, Vickie Bowen, says Aliayah's disappearance has resulted in many sleepless nights and they want to see her safely returned.

Bowen is doing something many of us may never do, and that's put her number out in the public for anyone to call. She's begging anyone with information to please call her, even if you don't want to release your identity.

Bowen released the following statement:

"I am begging, if anyone knows anything at all about where this child is, please call me at 304-493-9549. I will come and get her and I will ask no questions. Please we just want her home! You don't even have to tell me who you are, just arrange for me to pick her up. You don't have to be there. Tell me where she is an leave her there, Just please keep her safe. She is loved by so many. Please do this, we want her home!! If there is anyone out there with information and doesn't feel comfortable with calling 911 or the authorities for whatever reason, CALL ME PLEASE. You don't have to tell me who you are. Please, if you know ANYTHING that will help, call me. 304-493-9549 You can call me collect from a pay phone if you feel more confident in doing that."

The family will not say their personal opinions on what happened to Aliayah but they want to see whoever is responsible be fully prosecuted.

Aliayah's disappearance is still being investigated as a murder, a concealment or an abduction.
    Video: http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/l...for-her-return

Lunsford's public defender, Brian Kornbrath, has not responded to telephone and email messages seeking comment about her case.
    ( Good public defender for sure )

Lunsford and her husband have not made any public statements about their daughter, and Bowen said she doesn't understand why.
    ( I feel sorry for this great aunt, she does all she can to figure out what happened to little Aliayah, but apparently Aliayah's parents don't..I guess they know what happened )

Lena Lunsford told police her daughter was in bed at 6:30 a.m. the day she disappeared but was gone when she checked on her later. There's been no sign of the child since.
    ( Sounds familiar, we all know of some other cases in which the same sentence was used)

Where is Aliayah Lunsford? WV 3-year-old Missing Six Weeks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC1E6...layer_embedded

Prayer, Tarot, $20K, Psychic Impressions, the FBI?
    What can help find Aliayah Lunsford, the three-year-old Weston, West Virginia girl missing since September 24? On Saturday, November 12, 2011, there will be a prayer meeting at Our Way of Holiness Church in Buckhannon at 2 p.m. According to WTRF.com, Aliayah’s great-aunt Vickie Bowen “believes in the power of prayer and believes that only God can lead searchers to Aliayah.”

Law enforcement is offering a $20,000 reward (phone: 304-558-4831) for information, and the FBI will issue a new poster next week with an updated photo. Psychics Unite To Help Find Missing Children has joined the search, while Empathy Insights has offered a Tarot card reading to aid in the investigation.

WESTON, WV - Aliayah Lunsford has been characterized by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as "endangered missing." She was last seen in a bedroom of her home in Weston West, Virginia, at approximately 6:00 a.m., Saturday, September 24, 2011, by her mother and sister. When her mother checked on her several hours later, she was missing.

Description: Aliayah is white, weighs approximately 35 pounds, is 3' tall, with brown eyes and hair. She is missing her top four front teeth and has pierced ears. She was last seen wearing Dora the Explorer pajama bottoms and a pink "princess" sweatshirt.

An extensive search was mounted, comprised of diving teams, interviews with relatives, interviews with neighbors, a door-to-door search, and questioning registered sex offenders. The search continues.

Persons with information regarding Aliayah’s disappearance should contact Lewis County Dispatch at (304) 269-8241,or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST).

Read more: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/arti...#ixzz1dLLYCLhp

I just read all comments that are below that youtube video. She was missing 4 front teeth, maybe therefore she isn't smiling, I can only find pictures of her in which she looks so very sad
    In my country little ones go to the dentist starting at the age of 3. Can those teeth have been so damaged she was missing 4 front teeth already? Normally milkteeth fall out at the age of 6, maybe 5 in some early cases. And isn't it mostly starting two under or two above? 4 in a row above? That is odd I think!!
    My heart goes out to her when I see her pictures

Now look at this, the lateral incisors are normally lost at the age of 8! The central incisors at the age of 7! That doesn't sound normal if you lost 4 upper front teeth at the age of 3.

ETA:There might be exceptions, but I bet they don't differ that much.

I thought maybe she lost those teeth from a feeding bottle, with something
    to drink in it to put a little one to sleep, like lemonade. It is not the case I guess, for Aliayah I can only hope she ran away, but 3 year olds don't do that. This stinks, a lot! And I even feel more sorry for little Aliayah.
    How can anyone become so angry at such a little child?

I bet you all saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnj5K...eature=related

I didn't until now. See how her grandmother looks at her daughter while she is saying that Aliayah was shy, she wouldn't leave the house unless an adult is with her.She looks at her daughter when saying that, as if she doesn't trust her either.
    She drove around town,franticly looking for her little angel, and ran out of gas, had to borrow gas from somebody, and then she finally! made it back home, and called the police, after 2!! hours?

I would want all mothers who lost their child out of sight once, would post here, I was on my bike and home every 15 minutes while I was searching the neighborhood with my husband, to check if my youngest son maybe got home... Screaming his name everywhere, just to find him, you panic, can't breath, you scream his name everywhere in the neighborhood, just hoping he will answer, and if not after half an hour, you would just call the police. And it took her two hours as she ran out of gas? A three year old doesn't go that far that you would need a car at all. I wonder if it can be traced where the mother went, maybe she had her phone with her so she can be traced, something very wrong here.

At the time of the disappearance, Lena Lunsford was eight months pregnant with twins and had four other children, from 9 months to 11 years old. Bowen told the AP Lena Lunsford has yet to deliver her babies, but she has lost custody of her other children to state child-welfare authorities.

I wonder what the 11 year old has to say about her mother and missing sister. Same goes for Jhessye Shockley eldest sibling aged 13. At those ages most aren't just children, they were almost grown ups all their lives, because they had to be, to protect the younger brothers and sisters, and maybe even one of their parents.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast