Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glendale missing girl: 5 year old Jahessye Shockley

Default Re: Glendale missing girl: 5 year old Jahessye Shockley

Missing Girl's Family Holds Balloon Release

PHOENIX - More than two and a half weeks after her disappearance from Glendale, there are still no signs of 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley.

Her family is still holding out hope that she will be found safe and sound.

On Saturday afternoon in Encanto Park in Phoenix, Jahessye’s family held a balloon release to show support for her at their family reunion.

And they hope that someone who sees one of the hundreds of balloons will have a tip to help locate Jahessye.

The balloons have Jahessye's information and picture tied to them, along with police contact information.

This reunion was planned long before she went missing, but many family members showed their support by wearing T-shirts with her picture on them.

"We're just still trying to be optimistic and ... still just trying to keep the faith and hope and pray ... that she's going to come home safely ... That's all we can do at this point. It's been way too many days -- way too many days," said Lisa Vance, Jahessye's cousin.

The girl went missing on Oct. 11, and Glendale police do not have any solid leads.

Tip Line: 480-WITNESS

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...lease-10292011

Psychic: Jhesseye Shockley is alive and in Phoenix

GLENDALE, AZ (KPHO) - The search for 5-year-old JhesseyeShockley has been under way for 2 1/2 weeks now, and still, there are no new leads to report.

Glendale police tell CBS 5 News they might consider calling in psychics, under some extraordinary circumstances.

One psychic who lives near the apartment complex where Jhessye Shockley was last seen shared his vision of what happened to Jhesseye, and that she is not too far away.

"I believe she was abducted. I do believe, at this point, she is still currently alive," said psychic Dave Campbell. "I get information through flashes, through pictures, through sounds, thoughts that come into my head."

Campbell said he believes Jhesseye Shockley was taken by a stranger, and is being held in a small apartment in Phoenix.

"I am getting a black female, heavy set, round face, a little bit of cleft in her chin and dimples -- very specific -- and a red scarf that she covers her hair," Campbell said.

Campbell said he believes it was a crime of opportunity. The motive? To sell the little girl for money, he said.

Campbell said he sees the kidnapper snatching Jhesseye in a little red car.

"She acted like, 'It's OK, I'm going to go get your mom.' She told her something like that to console her, and she kept telling her that in the car."

Campbell is also a scientifically-tested medium and he wrote a book on forensic astrology with chapters on several high-profile abductions.

He uses charts with dates and times to figure out what happened.

"The relationship of the planets to each other tells me a story," he said.

Campbell said he believes Jhesseye's kidnapper has a boyfriend who's involved, an ex-con with a thin build who drives a brown van with tricked-out rims. All of the attention from the media might have changed their plans, Campbell said.

"I really feel like he's really nervous about this case, because it blew up, you know?" said Campbell. "He never expected it to be like this."

Campbell says that 80 percent of the time, his information is accurate. And if he's right this time, she's not too far from home.

"Right now, I do believe she's local," Campbell said. "I think she's still in Phoenix, actually, but I don't think that's going to be the case, soon. I think she's going to be transported, and I think far."

Campbell is part of a larger group called "Find Me" made up of about 110 psychics and led by a former DEA agent.

Campbell said he has helped solve 27 cases, and if, and when Glendale police call on them for help, they are ready.

http://www.kpho.com/story/15913254/p...and-in-phoenix

The same is said by a psychic about Lisa Irwin: http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-psyc...0,463365.story

So both are alive and taken by a stranger. I think psychics are very sensitive, and wouldn't want to bring bad news at all. What you hope for is not always what is true. I think in both cases there are no happy endings
    But who knows, maybe the psychics are right, I truly hope so.

I personally don't think Jahessye is going to be transported far as the psychic said. I would like to ask the older brothers and sisters some questions, as no one saw her leave the house, and they were in the garden. So why was she in the house, and not outside with her siblings? If she was taken, it was by someone she knew, if she had ran away, she would have been found by now. I have no idea if her mother is involved, as she was arrested for child abuse once, but I do think she is in the neighborhood, did they check cellars? For sure there was no little red car. Is this a psychic well known? He is talking bull. Did the police check on him? My gut feeling says something bad happened to her, in a cellar. I just don't know who's cellar it is.

A man alone living in the neighborhood? I won't accuse anybody, and although it would be the easiest way to think it was her mother, I think it was someone who Jahesseye trusted, it could have been her in own home, then they should also check the cellar.
    Last edited by Jace; 11-01-2011 at 01:53 AM. Reason: .

Glendale parents on alert this Halloween in neighborhood of missing girl

GLENDALE, AZ - In the Glendale neighborhood where a 5-year-old girl went missing three weeks ago, many parents were not about to let their children go trick-or-treating.

They decided to throw a party instead.

Several dozen kids, parents and neighbors made it out to the party at the corner of 45th and Glendale avenues, about a block from Jhessye Shockley’s home.

Police still have no new leads on the case, meaning nobody around here knows how or why she disappeared.

This party was a way to let the community’s kids have fun while letting parents feel safe.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz1cQzGrVXN

New details in Jhessye Shockley case .

GLENDALE, Ariz.--Three weeks after 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley was reported missing from her Glendale apartment, police still have few solid leads, but there are now new questions about when the little girl was last seen.

Glendale police say Jhessye was absent from kindergarten for a "period of time" because of "what can best be described as a communicable illness," in the days before her disappearance.

Sgt. Brent Coombs of the Glendale Police Department says residents of the area have said they saw Jhessye at her apartment complex as recently as the Sunday before her reported disappearance on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
    Jhessye's mother, Jerice Hunter, says she went out to run an errand that afternoon, leaving Jhessye in the care of her older children. But when she returned, Hunter says Jhessye was gone.

Karla Brown, who lives several doors down from Hunter, says she last saw Jhessye playing in the courtyard of the Autumn Leaves apartment complex about a week before the reported disappearance.

Another neighbor, Katherine White, said she is sure she saw Jhessye playing with White's granddaughter on Oct. 6.

The conflicting information all makes for more questions in this already mysterious case.

Hunter came and went from her apartment on Tuesday but did not want to speak with reporters.

She gave birth to another baby last week, but that baby was removed from her custody by Child Protective Services, according to a relative.

Hunter's other three children are also in CPS custody.

Hunter served prison time in California for child abuse, but police say she is not a suspect in Jhessye's disappearance.

Investigators say they are still working to determine an appropriate time for a polygraph test to be administered to Hunter.

Sgt. Coombs said a seasoned criminal investigator with homicide experience is now leading this case.

"There was no major event or occurrence in the investigation that caused this. ... We are just looking to the future and long term if this case goes in that direction," Coombs said in an e-mail.

Anyone with information about Jhessye Shockley is asked to call 623-930-HELP (4357). There is a reward of at least $11,000 for information that leads police to the little girl.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/New-det...133044233.html

Jahessye Shockley Disappearance Case Reaches 3-Week Mark

Sources inside the family of a missing 5-year-old Glendale, Ariz. girl say Jhessye Shockley wasn’t in school for a week and a half before she disappeared

This and other revelations are slowly coming to the surface as Glendale homicide detectives are now leading the investigation three weeks into the girls disappearance.

Family members say Jhessye’s mother, Jerice Hunter, told the school Jhessye had ringworm.

Police said Monday the girl’s mother is not a suspect.

Glendale police Det. Jeff Daukas tells CBS 5 Hunter’s polygraph test has not yet been scheduled. Daukas says it will be conducted by the FBI or Glendale police.

Video: http://newsone.com/nation/newsonesta...s-3-week-mark/

Father of murdered Polly Klaas talks about Shockley case

Video: http://www.kpho.com/story/15964553/f...-shockley-case

Family of Jhessye Shockley suspicious that mother had something to do with disappearance
    She won't take a lie detector test.

Full story: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...-disappearance

Jhessye Shockley’s mother to take polygraph test

Glendale police announced last week they are consulting with FBI to come up with the right time to perform a polygraph, or "lie detector" test, on Jhessye Shockley's mother, Jerice Hunter.

Police said there has been no exact date established for the test. Glendale Police spokesman Sergeant Brent Coombs said that at this time, Hunter is not listed as a suspect, but the exam will be used as investigative, which is useful to help police know where and where not to focus their search.

Hunter was originally not considered a suspect in her 5-year-old daughter's disappearance Oct. 11. Even though she had prior charges of child abuse allegations from California, police said at the time of Jhessye's disappearance, Hunter was not a suspect. Arizona State Child Protective Services (CPS) later removed Hunter's remaining three children from her home after Jhessye's disappearance. The eldest is 13 years old.

Hunter had previously made a very public plea at the state's capitol because she did not believe police were doing enough, nor that the national media had given the case the attention it deserved.

Hunter most recently gave birth to another child, which was immediately placed into CPS care as well. Hunter has since had appointments with CPS to visit with her newborn child.

All tips must be routed through either Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS, or 623-930-HELP. Coombs said it is extremely important that all tips be documented appropriately, tracked down and routed to investigators for follow up. Coombs said investigators, in most cases, will not call back with what they find through their investigation on any given tip. Most all of that information must be kept within the investigative group responsible for the case.

Coombs said his department remains committed to finding Jhessye.

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/hea...cc4c002e0.html

Jahessye Shockley, 5, Still Missing -- One Month Later

Today marks one month since 5-year-old Glendale girl Jahessye Shockley was reported missing by her family, and police are no closer to finding her.

Shockley, police say, wandered away from siblings -- who were caring for her at her family's apartment at the time -- a little before 5 p.m. on October 11. She hasn't been seen since.

Since her disappearance, a few things have been revealed. For starters, her family is furious with the media and the Glendale Police Department for how they've handled the girl's disappearance -- Shockley's grandmother even said she thinks the media has ignored the case because it involves "a little black girl."

The most notable bombshell, however, is that the girl's mother, Jerice Hunter, did prison time in California for child abuse. Since Shockley's disappearance, Hunter's other three children have been taken into the custody of Child Protective Services for unknown reasons.

Hunter -- in no uncertain terms -- told New Times last month that she's a good mother, and denied any involvement in her daughter's disappearance.

Glendale police have said they're working on getting Hunter to submit to a polygraph test. As of this writing, the test has not been scheduled.

Meanwhile, Shockley's story's been featured on America's Most Wanted, and police continue to optimistically investigate the disappearance.

Shockley's described as a black female, approximately 3-foot-5, 55 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes. She has long hair that was in a ponytail at the time of her disappearance.

She was last seen wearing a solid white T-shirt, blue jean shorts, and pink flip flops.

Anyone with information about Shockley's disappearance should call the Glendale Police Department at 623-930-3000.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...still_miss.php

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast