Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ayla Reynolds,20months old, Waterville,Maine

replica3 Ayla Reynolds,20months old, Waterville,Maine

Desperate search for missing toddler Ayla Reynolds

Amid a desperate search for a missing toddler in Waterville, Maine, police said yesterday it’s possible that the little girl who vanished from her grandmother’s home this weekend was abducted, while neighbors were fearing the worst and hoping for the best.

“We’re approaching almost 24 hours and no one knows where a 20-month little girl is and was last seen only in pajamas,” Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey told reporters, according to the Portland Press Herald.

“There are two possibilities. She could have walked out of the house; she was able to walk, she’s old enough to walk, just starting to walk,” he said. “Then the possibility arises — was she abducted? We’re certainly looking at that. It’s very concerning.”

Ayla Reynolds, just a few months shy of her second birthday, was reported missing by her father just before 9 a.m. Saturday, police said. The little girl, who had short blond hair, blue eyes and a broken arm, was living with her father in his mother’s home, neighbors said.

Fearful neighbors said they are hoping for the best

“It’s absolutely sad, it really is,” Laurie Nyes said. “It’s cold out, and you hate to think that there’s a child out there, somewhere.”

Police said family members told them the girl was last seen in her bed wearing green “Daddy’s Princess” pajamas at 10 p.m. Friday.

All day Saturday, police and neighbors scoured this college town.

“An exhaustive search of the neighborhood surrounding the house has been conducted by members of the Waterville Police
    Department, Waterville Fire Department and Maine State Warden Service, to include a flyover (in a) Warden Service’s plane,” Massey said.

The little girl’s parents, Justin DiPietro and Trista Reynolds, who do not live together, are “cooperating fully with the police,” he added.

Police said there is nothing suspicious about Ayla’s broken arm. They said she sustained the injury some time ago, and they believe it was accidental.

But they said the injured arm — and the cast it was wrapped in — would make it difficult for her to wander far, if she really did wander off.

“Her mobility would have been quite limited with the soft cast on her arm,” Massey said. “We think it would be very, very difficult for her to open the door and get herself out. We don’t think she could have gone very far.”

Police urge anyone with information about Ayla to call them at 207-680-4700

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...89547&srvc=rss

Default Re: Ayla Reynolds,20months old, Waterville,Maine

Police Seize Vehicle of Missing Maine Girl's Father

Authorities searching for a missing Maine girl have seized a sport-utility vehicle belonging to the child's father.

The Portland Press Herald reported Tuesday that police removed two vehicles from the Waterville home where 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds lives with her father, Justin DiPietro.

The child, wearing a soft cast on a broken arm, was last seen by her father in her bed at around 8 p.m. Friday. DiPietro, 24, reported her missing at 8:51 a.m. Saturday when he found an empty bed, authorities said.

No arrests have been made in the case and investigators said it's possible the girl was abducted.

Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey said during a press conference Monday that several adults visited DiPietro's home Friday night, including at least one non-family member, according to the newspaper.

Searchers have since scoured the surrounding area, including a stream not far from DiPietro's home.

The Herald reported that police removed a 1996 Ford Explorer with a U.S. Marine Corps sticker on the rear windshield from DiPietro's driveway. The SUV is registered to DiPietro, according to records from the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Also taken was a 2002 Hyundai registered to a Portland woman whose name has not been released, according to the newspaper.

Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds, told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday that she filed paperwork seeking sole custody of the child a day before she disappeared.

Reynolds, who lives in Portland, told the network that she and DiPietro have been unable to get along in the last few weeks. She said she didn't tell him that she'd filed the court paperwork Thursday.

"I've had no contact with him; he's had no contact with me. All I know is he's the last man to see my daughter, and all I want to know is where she is," she said.

Ayla is described as 2 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 30 pounds. She has blonde hair. She was last seen wearing green one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" on them.

Massey said investigators have interviewed DiPietro and Reynolds, as well as other family members. He said they all were cooperative.

Police are urging anyone with information on Ayla's whereabouts to call them at 207-680-4700.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/20...#ixzz1h6sQrfhe

Police offer reward for lead in missing Maine toddler case

(Reuters) - Authorities in Maine believe a toddler who vanished a week before Christmas was abducted from her home by a still-unidentified person and are offering a $30,000 reward for information leading to the young girl's location.

The reward, put up by private citizens and linked to 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds' disappearance from her father's Waterville home, is the state's largest ever in a missing persons case, Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland told Reuters on Tuesday.

Authorities are checking new leads in the case that has come under a national spotlight after a TV segment about it aired on the Fox network's "America's Most Wanted" program over the weekend, Waterville police said.

Officials say the girl was last seen December 16 when her father, Justin DiPietro, who had custody of Ayla, put her to bed in her room.

DiPietro reported Ayla as missing from the house early the next morning, and hundreds of police officers, game wardens and local residents have been searching the area for her since.

Sporadic snowfall in Waterville, located 20 miles north of the capital Augusta, has hampered the large-scale search at times, police said.

Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey said at a press conference Monday that officials don't believe the girl left home by herself, but police haven't disclosed whether they suspect a stranger, a family friend or a relative took her away.

The statement marked the first time in the 10-day-old case that investigators said someone took her out of the house.

"I don't want to speculate beyond that, because we do not know who took Ayla out of that house and under what circumstances she was removed," Massey said.

Typically, he said, the longer a missing person investigation continues, the more concerned officials become for the safety of the individual, particularly children.

Deputy Chief Charles Rumsey said in a phone interview on Tuesday that police are steadily receiving new leads and investigators and searchers are continuing their work, but he could not say whether officials viewed any leads in the case as promising.

Authorities say they have interviewed numerous family members in Waterville and outside the area. DiPietro said Ayla, who is 2 feet and 9 inches tall and weighs 30 pounds, was wearing polka-dot pajamas with the phrase "Daddy's Princess" on them, and she had a cast on her left arm, broken in a recent fall.

The toddler had been living with her father after her mother, Trista Reynolds, checked herself into a 10-day rehabilitation program, police said.

Following rehab, Reynolds, on the day before Ayla was last seen, had filed papers seeking sole custody of the girl.

"I am very hopeful that the offer of a large monetary reward may serve to spur someone to make the phone call we desperately want to receive -- the call that will lead us to Ayla Reynolds," Massey said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BQ0UX20111227

Just talk to me,’ mom of missing Maine tot begs dad

The mother of a missing toddler pleaded with the father of the child Thursday to contact her after the two have not spoken since their daughter’s disappearance nearly two weeks ago.

On TODAY, Trista Reynolds, 23, attempted to reach out to Justin DiPietro, the father of 20-month-old Ayla. The child was reported missing on Dec. 17 after last being seen by DiPietro in his Waterville, Maine, home when he put her to bed the previous night. DiPietro and Reynolds have not spoken once since the child’s disappearance or during the ensuing wide-scale search by local authorities.

Reynolds is not considered a suspect by police. She has tried to reach out to DiPietro, but he has not returned her calls, and the police have not acted as any type of intermediary to put the two in contact, she told Matt Lauer.

‘Why won’t he come out?’
    “Just come talk to me,’’ Reynolds responded when asked what she would like to say to DiPietro. “He is the only one who can answer some of my questions. We have a daughter that is missing. We used to be able to get along all the time. Just talk to me. That’s all I want. He was the last one to see her alive. Just talk to me.’’

Reynolds is ambivalent about whether she believes DiPietro was involved in Ayla’s disappearance.

“I don’t know,’’ she said. “Part of me feels yes, and a part of me feels no. He said he’s not in hiding, but why won’t he come out? Why won’t he talk to me? Why is he staying away? What is he so afraid of, to not come out and talk to me?’’

On Wednesday, Waterville police said they have wrapped up large-scale searches for the child. With assistance from firefighters and residents, authorities have repeatedly probed private properties, nearby woods, open fields and waterways on foot and by air, according to the Waterville police. They have searched trash bins and drained a stream in an attempt to find the missing toddler. Police concluded that Ayla, who recently started walking, did not leave the house on her own

A privately funded $30,000 reward for any information on her disappearance was posted Monday, leading to about 370 tips from as far away as California, according to a statement by police chief Joseph Massey. Authorities have also searched DiPietro’s home and dusted for fingerprints. DiPietro released his second public statement since Ayla’s disappearance through the Waterville Police Department on Wednesday.

Michael C. York / AP
    Waterville police were handing out fliers as Police Chief Joseph Massey, at podium, speaks to the media Dec. 21 about the disappearance of Ayla Reynolds. “It is important that the public hear it from me personally that I have no idea what happened to Ayla and that I am not hiding," he said. “I have to believe that Ayla is with somebody and I just want that person to find the courage to do the right thing and find a way to return her safely. Even if that means dropping her off at a church or a hospital or some safe place."

DiPietro has avoided speaking to the media because he does not want to hinder the search, according to his statement.

“I’m still in shock at…what he put out in the statement,’’ Reynolds told Lauer.

‘He would never let me see her’
    DiPietro told police that he last saw Ayla at 8 p.m. on Dec. 16 when he put her to bed in her polka dot pajamas that read “Daddy’s Little Princess.’’ He reported her missing at approximately 8:50 a.m. on Dec. 17 after she was gone at 8 a.m. when he went to check on her. Ayla, who is just under 3 feet tall and weighs approximately 30 pounds, has blue eyes and blonde hair, and her left arm was in a soft cast from an accident four weeks ago.

Reynolds, who lives 75 miles away in South Portland, was skeptical that the recent injury to Ayla was an accident and had concerns over Ayla’s safety under DiPietro’s care.

“He would never let me see her,’’ Reynolds said. “I would call to talk to her, and he would get mad about it. If I did see her and I would notice something on her like a bruise or just something, instead of reacting in a calm manner, he would lash out about it or kind of go into defense.’’

AP
    Ayla Reynolds was reported missing by her father on Dec. 17. “I would never do anything to hurt my child,’’ DiPietro said in response to Reynolds’s claims. “The questions of Ayla’s arm, or bruises, or anything else being said are simply ludicrous.’’

Reynolds, who lives 75 miles away in South Portland, claimed she and DiPietro had an agreement that he would take care of Ayla when she entered a 10-day rehabilitation program in October for an alcohol issue. Other media reports have suggested that child welfare services removed Ayla from her home and gave her to DiPietro when Reynolds entered the program, which she completed. Reynolds did not see Ayla for the first 2½ weeks after finishing the rehab program, and last saw her child on Nov. 21, she told Lauer.

She disputed reports that she filed for sole custody of Ayla a day before she disappeared, telling Lauer she filed for “parental rights and responsibilities, and that’s it.’’ She also denied having anything to do with Ayla going missing.

Police have not told her any more than they have told the public about the search. The authorities have been “exceedingly cautious” about releasing details to the public in order to not jeopardize the investigation, according to Massey’s statement. In his statement, DiPietro thanked the police and community for their efforts and for putting up a reward for Ayla’s return.

“It’s the same thing — that they’re still investigating, that they’re still where we were 13 days ago,’’ Reynolds said.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/458141...-today_people/

Divers search for missing girl in Maine

Waterville, Maine (CNN) -- Divers in Maine were scouring a river Wednesday in their search for a missing 21-month-old girl, but had found no sign of her in the frigid waters, authorities said.

"We're making progress. I can tell you honestly that as the days go on, our concern grows, as it's been 26 days. But I can also tell you that we remain hopeful that we will bring her back to her home," Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland told reporters.

The search for Ayla Reynolds focused Wednesday on a half-mile area of the Kennebec River that stretches from downtown Waterville to the Carter Memorial Bridge. Officials said they had received more than 600 tips, but nothing that specifically pointed to that area.

The river still has open water despite air temperatures in the teens

Divers in special suits to protect them in the frigid waters rotated in and out of the river, which was around freezing temperature, Maine Warden Service Lt. Kevin Adam said.

"The water is clear. When the sun is out, they can see 4-6 feet. ... We picked today because the weather's good and it was the most efficient time to do it," he said.

The search for the little girl is in its fourth week. Police have said they suspect foul play in the case.

"All we know is that Ayla's missing. We've ruled out no scenario. We've ruled out no one. And we're not going to get into investigative details," McCausland said Wednesday.

He described the search as the most intense investigation Maine's state police had been involved in for two decades.

Ayla's parents are not married and don't live together. Her mother recently completed rehab, family members said. Investigators said both families have cooperated with police.

The little girl's father, Justin DiPietro, said he put his daughter to bed at 8 p.m. December 16 and called police the next morning just before 9 a.m. to report her missing, according to authorities.

DiPietro's mother, Phoebe DiPietro, told CNN she wasn't at the home the night Ayla disappeared. But she said she fully supports her son, who has said he "would never do anything to harm" his daughter.

She said she just wants her Ayla returned unharmed.

"I'd give everything I owned if we can have her back," she said last week, her voice breaking.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/11/us...irl/index.html

CNN's Susan Candiotti and Ross Levitt contributed to this report.

Ayla's father took polygraph exam

WATERVILLE — The father of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds took a polygraph exam shortly after she disappeared, but neither he nor the police will say how he did.

It was four weeks ago Saturday that Justin DiPietro reported his 21-month-old missing.

“I asked for a polygraph on day one,” DiPietro said today during an interview with the Morning Sentinel. “I’ve taken one, and the results, I was never allowed to see them. It’s something you’re going to have to ask law enforcement about.”

DiPietro, 24, was told how he did on the test, Steve McCausland, spokesman for the Department of Public Safety, said. He said he was baffled by DiPietro’s statement that he didn’t know the results.

“He knows how he did, because we told him,” McCausland said. “To say that he didn’t know, is just not true.”

McCausland would not say how DiPietro did. “That is something I can’t get into,” he said.

DiPietro said, “I know I went in there and smoked it. I told the truth and that’s that.”

When asked if police told him the results, DiPietro said. “They can tell me whatever they want. Again, I didn’t physically see the results.”

When asked if police told him he failed the test, DiPietro said, “That’s all irrelevant. I wanted to see the results myself. They’re not letting me see them. Why don’t they let the public see them?”

McCausland said the polygraph exam results would be difficult to read without training.

“It’s lines on a paper, similar to an electrocardiogram report,” he said. “The polygraph operator knows the results, but there’s no transcript or written text that goes with it.

“It’s very simiilar to doctors interpreting an EKG. Polygraph operators work in a similar fashion.”

DiPietro said he took one polygraph exam, administered by a single detective.

DiPietro wouldn’t say what he was asked, but briefly described the equipment.

“You’ve got things on your fingers, you’ve got things across your chest,” he said.

He also sat on a seat pad that was part of the polygraph exam equipment, he said.

Asked if other family members had taken a polygraph exam, DiPietro said he was not sure.

“I just know about myself,” he said. “Again, anything (police have) asked us to do, we’ve cooperated. We’ve made ourselves available to them.

“Anytime they’ve had a question about something, if they want us to come to the station ... more than willing. We’re cooperating. There’s nothing to hide here.”

McCausland said Maine State Police have three or more polygraph operators and the tests are used for investigative purposes and for pre-employment screening for Maine law enforcement officers.

He said the test results cannot be used as evidence in court cases.

Also on Friday, DiPietro said there were three children and three adults in his mother’s home on Violette Avenue the night before Ayla was reported missing.

DiPietro said he and Ayla; his sister Elisha DiPietro, 23 and her young daughter; and his girlfriend Courtney Roberts, 24, and her young son, were all in the home. The Roberts are Portland residents.
    McCausland said at a Wednesday press conference there were three adults and two children in the home. Friday he said that was a mistake.

“There were two children in addition to Ayla,” McCausland said.

At that same press conference, McCausland said police encouraged the DiPietros to speak to the media.

DiPietro said Friday he felt some information should be left to the police to make public.

“I would rather let them be the ones to come out and talk about that night, if they feel it’s necessary,” DiPietro said of police. “I don’t really feel that’s up to us. If there are certain details they want to share, they should be the ones to come out and share those details.”

DiPietro also clarified a comment he made Wednesday to the Morning Sentinel regarding a large scale search of the Kennebec River and Messalonskee Stream by state divers.

On Tuesday, he said investigators told told him, “Don’t be alarmed.”

“They said ‘don’t be alarmed’ when you see the searches going on down there, when you see law enforcement out there,” he recalled. “Obviously, I was alarmed that they were doing a river search. I mean, when you think about the possibility that your child could be down there — because it is a possibility, there’s nothing that isn’t a possibility right now.

"There’s nothing that’s been ruled out, nobody has been ruled out, just like (McCausland) said. It was another step in the process of eliminating possibilities, and hopefully those possibilities have been eliminated.”

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Missing...raph-exam.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...toddlers-home/

Ayla Reynolds: Windows Broken at Missing Maine Toddler’s House

Two windows were smashed at the home of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, police said today.

Officers responded to a 911 call at the Waterville, Maine home around 11:15 p.m. last night after Reynolds’ grandmother, Phoebe DiPietro, said she heard someone throwing things through windows at the house.

“No rocks or thrown objects were recovered, leading officers to believe that the windows were damaged by a bat or some other object that was carried away from the scene,” Waterville Police said in a statement.

Police conducted a search of the surrounding area, but it did not turn up any leads.

The twenty-month-old has been missing from her home since Dec. 17.

Reynolds’ father, Justin DiPietro, 24, told police he last saw his daughter when he put her to bed that night.

Police have classified the disappearance as a crime and have found traces of Ayla’s blood in a basement her father had been using as a bedroom.

“What [police] were unwilling to confirm to the press, but left to our discretion, is that it has already been determined to be Ayla’s blood,” the statement said. “Even in light of this evidence we are more determined than ever to find out what has happened to Ayla and we still cling to the hope that she is alive and will be returned to us. We urge anyone that has information about Ayla to come forward now and unburden yourself of the truth.”

Officials searched parts of the Kennebec River Friday, but did not find anything new.

Does anyone know what the age is of DiPietro's young son??

Do Dangers of Baby Ayla's Home Pose Threat to Cousin Gabriella?

As the missing baby Ayla Reynolds investigation extends into a second month, violence continues to mark the family. Ayla's uncle Lance DiPietro faces assault charges after allegedly exiting a vehicle driven by Ayla's father Justin DiPietro Monday and attacking the father of their sister Elisha DiPietro's baby Gabriella. According to NECN, Lance allegedly kicked Justin Linnell in the face.

Police said Lance confronted Linnell with a bat, accused him of "saying stuff about my family," and the two got into a scuffle during which Linnell fell, the Portland Press-Herald noted. While Linnell was down, Lance kicked him in the face, police said.

Waterville Police Deputy Chief Charles Rumsey told Bangor Daily News the dispute was about Gabriella. Linnell had just come from the courthouse where he tried to move up a custody hearing date.

Violence and danger are repetitive themes within Ayla's paternal family. Baby Gabriella lives in the same home from which Ayla "disappeared," with two of three adults police say aren't forthcoming about Ayla's fate.
    Is she safe among the DiPietros and their associates?

Ayla suffered a broken arm while living in the DiPietro house.
    Her mother Trista Reynolds sought primary custody before the little girl's reported disappearance in part due to concerns her daughter may have suffered violence in DiPietro's care. She cited facial bruises, a strained muscle,
    and a broken arm, all occurring within a 50 day period.
    While DiPietro told her the injuries were accidental, Reynolds said she had doubts. Elisha was home when Ayla's arm broke, according to Phoebe DiPietro.

Ayla's blood was found in Justin DiPietro's basement bedroom. The Kennebec Journal reported there was more blood than a small cut would produce.

Nancy Grace noted when blood is found with luminol, as with some of baby Ayla's blood, it often indicates a high velocity impact.

* Linnell is barred from seeing Gabriella due to a protection from abuse order, the Portland Press-Herald said.

* Ayla and Gabriella's uncle, Lance DiPietro, was convicted of seven misdemeanors and five civil violations prior to Monday's assault charge, according to the Morning Sentinel.
    His criminal history includes theft, underage drinking, and allowing a minor to possess alcohol.

* According to Associated Press, Bob Vear is a DiPietro family friend who organized vigils for Ayla. Vear acknowledged on a Find Baby Ayla Facebook page he administers,
    "I am a pedophile;" the post was removed but can be viewed on internet blogs.

* Vear claimed to have inside information, saying he knew about blood found in DiPietro's room on Dec. 24, weeks before that news became public.
    That's the same time he invited Lance DiPietro to Christmas dinner. On Facebook, Vear wrote to an unidentified friend, "I know what you know. The 'Gig' is over. It's time to Fess Up. To be a man and do the right thing."

* Violence appears to be the norm in the DiPietro family. When asked about her reaction to learning of Ayla's disappearance, Phoebe DiPietro, Justin's mother, replied,
    "I...thought that I didn't want my son to go get any of his friends and go kicking in doors looking for her."

Sunday, in an unrelated missing person case, Josh Powell, the sole suspect in his wife's 2009 disappearance, killed his two young sons.
    Warning signs his sons were endangered included child pornography on his computer and his bizarre account of taking the toddlers camping outdoors in a blizzard the night their mother was last seen.

The public ponders today how tragedy could have been averted; perhaps that question should be asked prospectively in high profile missing persons cases.

http://news.yahoo.com/dangers-baby-a...222400128.html

Source, website allege missing toddler's father was in Portland

Feb 17, 2012 12:00 am

Around 2 a.m. on the morning of Dec. 15, 2011, witnesses say they saw Justin DiPietro in Portland, two days before his 20-month-old daughter, Ayla Reynolds, officially was reported missing from a Waterville home.

Today marks the two-month anniversary of the disappearance of Reynolds. The toddler, wearing a soft cast from a broken arm, was last seen sleeping in her bed at about 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16,
    according to family members. Her father reported her missing Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011, at 8:51 a.m. when he said he found an empty bed.

Reynolds' disappearance has become the focus of a criminal investigation and national media attention.
    The Portland Daily Sun learned that DiPietro was seen at a Cumberland Farms in Portland on Dec. 15, although police would not confirm these reports.

A source told The Sun that Maine State Police contacted the overnight store clerk at the Cumberland Farms, located on Pine Street in Portland's West End,
    saying that a credit card under the name of Justin DiPietro was used to purchase cigarettes at the store around 2 a.m. on Dec. 15, 2011.

Police were told that DiPietro was at the store with two other men, only one of which police were able to identify.
    The store clerk was asked to describe the men and the clothing they were wearing when they made the cigarette purchase and according to the source, the clerk was told the third man was a person of interest to the investigation.

When asked about the information, Lt. Gary Rogers of Portland police referred questions to the state police or Waterville police, the investigating agencies. Neither would comment.

Waterville Police have announced their belief “that foul play has occurred in connection with Ayla's disappearance.
    The case has evolved from the search for a missing child to a criminal investigation.”

Waterville Police named Maine State Police as lead agency investigating Ayla's disappearance.
    Most recently, family members reported the discovery of blood in the basement of the Waterville home, but police are being tight lipped about how much was found. The child's mother, Trista Reynolds of Portland, has blamed state social service workers for not checking on Ayla's welfare while with her father.
    Trista Reynolds declined to comment on DiPietro's whereabouts prior to the report that Ayla had gone missing.

Waterville Police, State Police, the Maine Warden Service and the FBI all conducted searches and inquiries around the DiPietro home at 29 Violette Ave. in Waterville.

This week, a new website alleged that DiPietro was in Portland on Dec. 15, 2011 to clear belongings out of an apartment.

"A new website devoted to Ayla launched this week, courtesy of a relative of one of Justin's Portland roommates," states the Facebook page titled "Find Ayla Reynolds Missing Since 12/16/2011 From Waterville, Maine."
    "She claims personal knowledge that Justin went to Portland without Ayla Dec. 15 to clear his belongings out of the apartment he shared with friends prior to taking Ayla."

The website, http://justiceforayla.blogspot.com/2...t-missing.html, asks, "What Happened the Night Ayla Went Missing?"

"I want to go back to the night Ayla was reported missing," the website states.
    "I don't know if she actually went missing that night, in my opinion, I think she probably was missing days before they made the 911 call. I know a lot of others share my opinion on that. On Thursday the 15th,
    I did report that Justin was in Portland cleaning the rest of his belongings out of the apartment he shared. Ayla was not with him."

"This newly-disclosed evidence that Justin was in Portland without Ayla on Dec. 15 heightens concerns raised by Trista that Ayla could have been missing before her reported Dec. 17 disappearance," the Facebook page asserts.
    "From Dec. 8 onward, Trista told the Bangor Daily News she got excuses from DiPietro when she tried to talk to Ayla by phone. On Dec. 12,
    Justin failed to bring Ayla to a scheduled doctor appointment to check her broken arm."

In a Dec. 28 written statement released through police, DiPietro said he had "no idea what happened to Ayla."

Anyone with information pertinent to the case is encouraged to contact the Waterville Police Department at 680-4700 or Maine State Police in Augusta at 624-7076.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast