Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: INDIANTOWN GAP JANE DOE , 1973, Pennsylvania

TexasKowgirl Guest

Default Two Other Possible Matches

Megan Emerick. Here nose seems to really fit the description! She was last seen 7/7/73. The problem it was in Alaska 5k miles away.... Not impossible she ran off from there though... I can't find anything about her on the web, to see if she had ties any where else. There is an Air Force Base in Anchorage, so maybe she's originally from else where?? I did see on classmates, that she attended Seward HS from 69-73 though.

Megan http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Second choice, would be Debora Sue Lowe. She's been talked about a lot on the web, but I don't see listed as a possible for this JD. There are theories she was a victim of Serial Killer Schaefer in that area. She's missing from Florida, but was from West Virginia. That still would be 350 miles further away to PA though. Siblings have done DNA, but doesn't say JD has DNA on file.
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

http://www.iamforkids.org/newsdata/view_ind/1739

Also, both girls have distinct dental (Megan an Overbite and Debora a chip tooth).. It says they have dentals on JD and extensive dental work. With we could see it in the composite or something.

What about Jan Cotta from NJ? The heights are close and its almost a straight shot down I-78.

The description says "reportedly pregnant." Could she have said she was but wasn't and the supposed father was stationed at FTIG ?

Don't know about the previous fractures tho...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1654dfnj.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

TexasKowgirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasKowgirl View Post
    Megan Emerick. Here nose seems to really fit the description! She was last seen 7/7/73. The problem it was in Alaska 5k miles away.... Not impossible she ran off from there though... I can't find anything about her on the web, to see if she had ties any where else. There is an Air Force Base in Anchorage, so maybe she's originally from else where?? I did see on classmates, that she attended Seward HS from 69-73 though.

Megan http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Very interesting... She was last seen 7/7/73. I just seen this article about Seward (absolutely beautiful) that they have a 4th of July Festival where the town's population of 2,500 swells to 30,000. I wonder if they had the Festival in 1973? Likely the town was even smaller... Perhaps Megan met someone at the Festival from out of town and burned off?... Hmm... I see that it's way too far from Anchorage, for the likeliness of a military family. Seward is way down on the bay, surounded by a lot of National Forest.

http://www.sewardak.org/news-events/july4th.htm

TexasKowgirl Guest

Default Cotta - 5/6 Mos Preggo

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock07 View Post
    What about Jan Cotta from NJ? The heights are close and its almost a straight shot down I-78.

The description says "reportedly pregnant." Could she have said she was but wasn't and the supposed father was stationed at FTIG ?

Don't know about the previous fractures tho...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1654dfnj.html
    I had her on my list too, but I read 5-6 months preggo... I think she'd be showing pretty well by then on her petite frame.

Thats my point, it says reportedly and maybe she wasn't. At 5-6 she wouldn't necessarily be showing enough to "prove it" to the father...look at these kids that give birth in the girls room at school.

If they left NJ in June, and she wasn't pregnant, THAT would be obvious by September....

TexasKowgirl Guest

Default News Articles...

Thats my point, it says reportedly and maybe she wasn't. At 5-6 she wouldn't necessarily be showing enough to "prove it" to the father...look at these kids that give birth in the girls room at school.

If they left NJ in June, and she wasn't pregnant, THAT would be obvious by September....
    Not trying to discourage any possibilities, but there are some news articles that are more definitive.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/..._useweights=no

March 27, 2007 797 words ID: asb64837783
    By MICHELLE SAHN STAFF WRITER Jan Andre Cotta was 19 years old and pregnant when her younger brother and one of his friends saw her inside a barn tack house on her family's property in the Allenwood section of Wall. That moment in 1973 was the last time anyone in her family saw the avid equestrian and oldest of eight children. A little more than two years ago, the June 26, 1973, disappearance was reopened as a cold case. Monday would have been her 53rd birthday. Now,
    ---------------
    WS also has the whole article posted.... Sounds like she disappeared on purpose.. But to where?

... "In 1997, a private investigator hired by Cotta's family told the Asbury Park Press that Cotta, who was six months pregnant, wrote a letter to God before she left. She also gave away a few horses to a friend, he said.

"She apparently knew she was leaving," Glenn Patrick Kenny said in 1997. "She felt like she needed to get a new life somewhere, but something happened for her not to get in touch with her family again."

Police this week declined to talk about who the prospective father might have been.

Despite Kenny's investigations, the mystery remained unsolved."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=20702&page=2

Oh wow. 1997?!
    A letter to God, giving horses away - that sounds like a suicide doesn't it?

I'd be interested to know about any doorstep abandoned infants found in the fall of 1973. Sounds like they know who the father was, and he doesn't know where she is either.

I can never register with WS. xxxxxxxx

TexasKowgirl Guest

Thumbs up Jan Andre Cotta... Add her to the list!

Oh wow. 1997?!
    A letter to God, giving horses away - that sounds like a suicide doesn't it?

I'd be interested to know about any doorstep abandoned infants found in the fall of 1973. Sounds like they know who the father was, and he doesn't know where she is either.

I can never register with WS. xxxxxxxx
    Good thought about a newborn... I was thinking pregnant Doe. I'm not registered with WS either.. Just hit the link off Google. :-)

Now that I do the math, she could of given birth in September (was 6 months along in June) and then became the Jane Doe. The Doe doesn't say anything about appearing to have recently given birth, but perhaps unknown due to decomposition (says in article torso and head most decomposed). She was actually #1 on my list too, before I read preggo, but now I see it's still a possibility. I saw the straight shot down the highway possibility too. She appears to have come from a family with means and that would match the good dental care.

So where do we go from here. If she's a possibility because of decomp, or because they weren't checking for recent pregnancy, how can we see if Jan's been eliminated? Don't you have to be a member of Doe Network to see the possibilities/ exclusions?

Good dental care, and also from a family still searching in 1997, so sad.
    Last edited by Starless; 10-12-2015 at 07:26 AM.

TexasKowgirl Guest

Starless Resubmit?

Starless,

Since you've already submitted one and have the line of communication open, you wanna submit your teen girl (missing from same county, few days after Doe found) and Jan Cotta as a possibility? I see our JD doesn't have DNA on file, so even though Cotta does, sounds like they'd have to compare dentals.

I also like the Alaska girl, Megan Emerick, from the way they decribed the Doe's nose, bent to the left and the tip to the right.. I know it's a looooong ways from home, but that info about how her town goes from 2,500 to 30,000 over the 4th July (she disappeared 7th), sounds like a ticket out of an itty bitty town....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast