Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Snohomish County Jane Doe

Default Re: New Sketch of Snohomish County Jane Doe

Quote Originally Posted by TexasKowgirl View Post
    I had her as my #1 match,but having probs with timeline. Does estimated death is Aug 9 and I believe Yvonne went missing on Aug 8. It does sound like she was an abduction and the height and both wearing cut-offs is of note. Just don't know if she could get from OH to a location in WA in so little time (day or two).
    TKG, it is a really good match, and keeping in mind, date missing and date found are not written in stone. People make mistakes, I'm wondering about that currently with another one of our feature cases. Doe network has her listed as found on a certain date, but then I found newspaper articles seemingly about her days before this, I am waiting for an email from the detective in charge of her case.

Anyhow, definitely garners checking. And if you ever wanna know how fast someone can get somewhere, look at the timeline on Franklin Delano Floyd, he astounds me still when I think about the way he moved around.

TexasKowgirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock07 View Post
    5' 10" is pretty tall, that ought to narrow it down if she was reported missing. Yvonne Reglar was 5' 10" and disappeared a few days earlier from Ohio.....is it possible Roth is lying about her being a hitchhiker and she was actually abducted? I guess if he had weapons he could subdue someone from Ohio to Washington.....

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2475dfoh.html
    Did you submit her? Starless is right.. It is possible. Guess if she had 36-48 hours with a geeked up driver. If hitch-hiked semi's she could travel non-stop too. Young, leggy girl in shorts wouldn't have to wait for next/connecting ride. If her, wonder if it could of been Bundy returning from one of his trips out East?

No, I haven't submitted anything. But Starless should if the detective replies. I'm always wary of dates, especially that long ago. But it seems so obvious that this one would have been checked,,,,I guess you never know!

I never contacted any detective. It's your match Sherlock, you go for it. I was talking about another case, just using it as an example. ha.

whoops. maybe i will learn how to read and then submit it!

TexasKowgirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TexasKowgirl View Post
    Did you submit her? Starless is right.. It is possible. Guess if she had 36-48 hours with a geeked up driver. If hitch-hiked semi's she could travel non-stop too. Young, leggy girl in shorts wouldn't have to wait for next/connecting ride. If her, wonder if it could of been Bundy returning from one of his trips out East?
    I ran it on Mapquest. It's 2400 miles. At an average of 60 MPH (Might travelled faster, but an average time, to include stops for fuel, potty, maybe food), it's 40 hours. 36 hours, if could average 65 (likely traveling at 70+ all the way). The would be due West and then, for some reason decided to go North, when hit Seattle area (possible heading toward Canada?).

The areas where he said he met her and dumped her, would definitely be something familiar to a local person (the murderer). I guess the $50 question if he had an alibi for the days prior?

Re: New Sketch of Snohomish County Jane Doe

Well, Snohomish is always lickety-split in it's replies and got back to me that Yvonne has been ruled out.

TexasKowgirl Guest

Default Another Pos Match? Maria Anjiras

Watcha think on this one? Sounds like she was a runaway, and while only 5'6" at age 14, she still could of grew taller in the next year and half. SHERLOCK.... Since you already are in contact, if you like this match, please feel free to submit it.

Washington Doe

and Maria Anjiras:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1032dfct.html

Left: Anjiras, circa 1976; Right: Age progression to age 41 (circa 2002)
    Maria Florence Anjiras
    Missing since February 12, 1976 from Norwalk, Fairfield County, Connecticut.
    Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: August 10, 1961
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 6" - 168 cm; 120 lbs - 54 kg
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Anjiras was last seen on February 12, 1976 leaving her home on a blue English race bike. The bike was later found approximately one mile from Anjiras' home. She took some clothes and money with her when she vanished.
    She has not been heard from since.
    Last edited by TexasKowgirl; 05-08-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Note for Sherlock

Sketch/ Snohomish Jane Doe

Default Snohomish Jane Doe

THE SEATTLE TIMES
    July 18, 1991
    Edition: FINAL
    Section: SNOHOMISH
    Page: B1

Topics:
    Index Terms:
    MISSING PERSONS
    MURDERS AND ATTEMPTED MURDERS
    EVERETT
    SHOOTINGS
    PRISONS AND PRISONERS
    IDENTITY (PERSONAL)

FOURTEEN YEARS WAITING FOR A NAME
    KILLER LONG IN JAIL, BUT VICTIM STILL UNIDENTIFIED

Author: KATE SHATZKIN

Dateline: EVERETT

Article Text:
    EVERETT - Her killer went to prison, but neither her family nor her friends were in court to see him sentenced. Her body lies in an Everett cemetery, but no relatives witnessed the burial.
    The man who picked her up by the side of the road strangled her with an elastic cord and shot her in the head seven times when she refused to have sex with him. He never got her name.
    Fourteen years later, the Snohomish County medical examiner's office is still trying to discover her identity. "There still might be next of kin," said chief medical investigator Ken Stensrud. "It would be nice to tell somebody whose daughter has been missing for years that we know where she is."
    In a county grappling with 33 unsolved murders and now a spate of dismemberments that make identification especially difficult, the case has a certain irony. This Jane Doe's killer has been caught and prosecuted, but there may never be a name on her gravestone.
    There are few clues to go on.
    Blackberry pickers searching through woods near Paine Field found the woman's partially decomposed body Aug. 14, 1977. She had been dead about five days.
    The woman wore cut-off denim shorts, a striped shirt, tennis shoes and a brown leather watchband with a gold-face watch. She had no purse or identifying papers in her pockets. She was about 5 feet 8, weighed 155 pounds, and had no unusual scars or tattoos.
    Her teeth were in good condition, with only one tiny filling, making it harder to trace her dental records. Investigators speculated she might have grown up on the East Coast, where the mineral balance in water could have kept her teeth so white.
    Her hands were too decomposed to obtain fingerprints .
    As the body was discovered, 22-year-old David Marvin Roth was picked up by Gold Bar police on a weapons charge. An informant told police Roth had described picking up a hitchhiker days before and drinking beer with her. She told him she lived with two men. They went into the woods. She resisted his advances, and he killed her.
    Police matched slugs found in the woman's head to Roth's .22-caliber rifle. He was convicted in 1979 and sentenced to life in prison.
    His victim's skull languished in a courthouse evidence room until recently, when it was forwarded to the medical examiner to be destroyed. Instead, Dr. Eric Kiesel, medical examiner, decided to try again for an identity.
    The case is one of the oldest active Jane or John Doe cases in the region, according to Bill Haglund, King County chief medical investigator.
    Haglund's oldest unidentified body goes back to the early 1980s, including three probable victims of the Green River killer.
    The Pierce County medical examiner has four active John and Jane Doe cases going back to 1987.
    Haglund said the Snohomish County case is the only one he has heard of in which the killer has been convicted.
    "In her case, justice still hasn't been done because she's not identified, and the family doesn't know," Haglund said. "Part of justice is resolving grief."
    The killer or killers responsible for the Snohomish County morgue's other unidentified bodies may never be found. Some are believed victims of a serial killer who, Sheriff Jim Scharf speculates, is dumping body parts around the southeastern part of the county to keep his victims from being identified.
    Besides the 1977 Jane Doe, there is a man who appeared to be Native American, found in Bryant in the early '80s; a dismembered man whose parts were scattered from Ebey Slough to Gold Bar; an unidentified teenage girl found just over the county line near Canyon Park on New Year's Day 1988; and a leg and pieces of scalp found this year that may belong to the same man.
    Scharf can't get more money for staff, so Kiesel is looking for an anthropologist or forensics student to do a free-clay reconstruction of the 1977 victim's head. The case is too old for them to ask for money in the medical examiner's budget, Kiesel said.
    "In the meantime, we're just hoping for somebody to come forward before we bury her skull," Kiesel said.

Caption:
    TERI HARRIS / SEATTLE TIMES: THIS IS THE SKULL OF A WOMAN WHO STILL REMAINS UNIDENTIFIED AFTER HER BODY WAS DISCOVERED 14 YEARS AGO NEAR PAINE FIELD. HER KILLER WAS CONVICTED IN 1979 AND SENTENCED TO LIFE IN PRISON
    PHOTO
    Last edited by Starless; 05-26-2008 at 10:13 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast