Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ellen Linda Akers

glitter14 Ellen Linda Akers

I am beginning this thread so Papillon can spread the news about this missing woman.

You go girl! You're an asset to OCCI!

OM
    Last edited by Starless; 10-06-2008 at 12:52 AM.

Default Re: Ellen Linda Akers

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/akers_ellen.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2463dffl.html

Ellen Akers stopped by the 7-Eleven on Atlantic Avenue where her mother worked at about 8 p.m. to get money for the movies. It's unknown whether she ever saw a show, but Akers never came home that night.
    Neither family nor friends have seen her since.
    When Akers' mother came home from work the next morning, she realized her daughter was missing. The stepfather reported Akers missing at 4 p.m. that day.
    Police said her purse and eyeglasses were still in her bedroom at home after the disappearance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Starless; 07-11-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: April 18, 1981 from Ormond Beach, Florida
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date of Birth: February 26, 1966
    Height and Weight: 5'4, 125 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blond hair, green eyes.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A multicolored pullover shirt and blue slacks.

Details of Disappearance

Akers was last seen in Ormond Beach, Florida on April 18, 1981. At 8:00 p.m., she stopped at the 7-11 on Atlantic Avenue where her mother worked and asked for some money to go to the movies. She has never been heard from again and it is unclear whether she went to see a movie on the night of her disappearance. Akers's stepfather reported her missing at 4:00 p.m. the following day. Her purse and eyeglasses were left behind in her bedroom.
    Some agencies classify Akers's case as an endangered runaway. Authorities believe she is deceased. Her case remains unsolved.

Re: Ellen Linda Akers

When Akers' mother, Linda Riester, came home from work the next morning, she realized her daughter was missing. Stepfather Phil Riester reported Akers missing at 4 p.m. that day. Police said her purse and eyeglasses were still in her bedroom at home after the disappearance.

So the mother is working the night shift at a 7-11.She notices her daughter has not been home all night long but she waits til 4 PM til the stepfather reports her missing?Thats fishy.

What was the stepfather doing during those hours?

Why was Linda going to the movies supposedly by herself?Surely her friends knew something was wrong!Why were her purse and glasses in her bedroom?

Things just don't add up here!

The Doe Network:
    Case File 49UFFL

Unidentified Female

Located on February 15, 1991 in Big Coppitt Key, Monroe County, Florida.
    Date of Death: February 14, 1991
    Cause of death was homicide; the victim had been strangled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16 - 25 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 4"; 145 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown straight hair, cut just above the collar; brownish/green eyes. She was a non-smoker. The victim's ears were pierced four times each. The victim may have carried a baby to full-term. Stretch marks on abdomen. She was suffering from ovarian and fallopian tube cysts, which may have been causing her abdominal pain.
    Tattoos: She had two tattoos; one, was the word "Love" encircled by a heart, on upper left arm. The other tattoo was a cross with sun rays emitting from the center. It was located between the thumb and forefinger of her left hand.
    Clothing: The victim's clothes were found near her body. It was a knitted, long-sleeved, blue, purple and red-striped Forenza sweater; Big Yank knee length, blue denim shorts; and black Clicks' moccasin-style booties with red stitching & some turquoise-style bead work, Click brand, size 6 1/2B. Sold by Baker Shoes in 1989.
    Jewelry: She wore a Times watch with silver band on the right arm and had 2 earrings in left ear (1 silver ball, 1 white pearl like), 4 earrings in right ear not described.
    AKA: "Florida Jane Doe"; "Valentine Jane Doe".
    Dentals: She had excellent dental care; 1 filling, around age ten she had a molar extracted. Records are available.
    DNA: Available in CODIS.

Left: Love tattoo center: cross on left hand. Right: moccasin-style booties.

Left: Big Yank shorts. Right: Forenza sweater. Bottom: Full Figure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
    The victim was located in a dense wooded area near a frequently used illegal campground on West Summerland Key, just south of the Bahia Honda Channel Bridge on February 15, 1991.
    Windsurfers camping in the area near Bahia Honda State Recreation area, located near mile marker 35 on US 1 in the Florida Keys, made the discovery of the girl. Her body was laying on a dirt trail in a heavily wooded area. She was beaten and strangled to death with her bikini top. Her face was bruised by a beating, apparently when she was killed.
    Investigators believe the victim was raped, but that has not been proved. An autopsy determined Florida Jane Doe had been killed the day before on Valentine's Day.
    Detectives got tips early on and learned that Florida Jane Doe had been seen by motorists hitchhiking along US 1 in the Keys. Because of her clothing especially the sweater and moccasins, she stood out. Based on the information, police determined on Valentine's Day the girl was in Key West and walked northbound on US 1 on Big Coppitt Key, about ten miles north of Key West. She was seen by another eyewitness at mile marker 15 and around 6:30 that night at mile marker 17.

Her clothing was not typical of someone who was from South Florida, and she did not have any tan lines at all. Another indication she was visiting: She didn't wear tennis shoes or sandals

This Jane Doe just sticks out to me.If you search for her on the doe network she looks just like Linda and if Linda had ran away and was not murdered then this could be her.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MCICSear...asp?FIN=321047

That is a better picture of Akers.I know there is a site that has the picture in color but I can not find it at the moment.When I do I will post it here.

Also note worthy is her DNA is not available as well as fingerprints or dental charts.Why hasn't her family entered them into CODIS.Maybe they are not aware of the system?
    Last edited by Starless; 10-06-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Bump for Ellen!

http://www.news-journalonline.com/sp...008/020408.htm

THE SURVIVORS

Older brother David Akers, now living in Evansville, Ind., near his mother and stepfather, said February is a particularly difficult month for his family, because Ellen's birthday is Feb. 26. "It brings back old memories, and Mom still wants to bake a birthday cake for her," he said.

Stepsister Joann Woodley said almost everything she knows about Ellen she was told. "I was only 4 or 5 and I have only one memory of her, but I'm not even sure if it was a dream," she said. "I've never been hopeful that she'll be found alive."

THE UPDATE

Investigators think it is likely Ellen Akers is dead. They continue to track down clues and explore new leads with the help of new technology. They hope the public will come forward with some new information about her.

- Julie Murphy

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS (8477). Callers will remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward.

Another bump for Ellen.

This case is personally haunting because she looks JUST like my best friend.I hope that she is found someday.

Bump for Ellen.Gone but NEVER forgotten that is for sure!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast