Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery At Lake Mann

JulieBee Guest

Default Re: Lake Mann, Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    There probably just isn't anything to be done, actually. When I first seen it also, I didn't realize they were very LE based. They still are, but you can view some stuff on their website now. When it first came out, if you tried to click on anything, it would prompt you for a password and there was no way to sign up. lol !!

I understand why they are the way they are, what with the security issues we have been having. I spent all morning battling it out on here with some idiot from West Virginia, trying to use bots to view our forums and using anonymizers to break through. I finally banned every anonymizer on the planet, so what does he do ?? He was gone for a while, and then he pops up at the church close to his home. LOL !!

What a dork !!!

The guy we had originally look at this hacking on this site, broke in effortlessly, kicked Porchlight out, and never even left a trace he was here. I told him he scared the crap out of me. He is a scary dude, but a very nice man. But just goes to show how ameteurish and idiotic these people are. I seen the real McCoy.

You know this is a good point. I had not thought abt this end of it. While a person may get clearance we dont know how good their pc security is.

Texaskowgirl Guest

I believe Lake Mann (Gardens, Estates, Apts, not sure which one), is a Project type of area. I find a FAMU reference to a scholorship, primarily for students living in Lake Mann Homes or other public housing.....

Tomorrow, I'm going to trace archives in Orlando and see if this story even ever made the papers. I don't think that it went unnoticed, it's just that there really is a lack of any southern archives on the web before 1985. I found this out in the Sharon Marshall case. I think it is because it is so nice outside everywhere down south, that everyone just goes fishin'.

That's my guess, they're all fishin' instead of committing this microfilm to web archives.

Texaskowgirl Guest

Default Re: March Jane Doe

March Doe estimated death is September-November 1976. The January Doe is August or September 1976. I suppose it's possible, they were killed same time (September).... Same dumping ground, same demographics, both have limbs missing, seems like same killer....

Yes, and likely there were more that were identified and we just haven't heard about them. Takes one sicko pup to do something like this.

JulieBee Guest

Star I sent this earlier but because of email trouble not sure if you got. But after poor Betty has explained it to me about 10 times I FINALLY get it abt calling in so I will call coroners tomorrow in FL. Unless you all think that the chances are too remote. I dont want to clog up Coroners office if it seems too theres no chance. And take them away from something else.

But I was wondering if this could be a match. The clothing does not match but Im thinking that due to her being involved in pros there easily could have been a lag between the time she actually disappeared but was finally reported as missing. And it seems as if the men who picked her up were already on the rd . Maybe they told her they were heading to FL. When girls involved in pros. disappear there are just so many variables in their case. Thats was why it took so long to catch Gary Ridgway up here in WA St. Its probably a long shot I know but think its worth calling in?

This is from Doe Network:

Jennifer Joyce Barton
    Missing since May 16, 1976 from Austin, Travis County, Texas.
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 31, 1955
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 135 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown eyes, brown hair. She has a light and freckled complexion.
    Marks, Scars: She has a scar on the calf of her right leg.
    Clothing: She was last seen wearing a burgandy body suit, blue jeans and sandals.
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    On the day Barton disappeared, she and a friend were headed up 11th Street to see a movie. She was short of cash and stopped at a bar to get money from friends. She met two men in the bar and later left in their van with California license plates.
    A dropout from Reagan High School, Barton had a record of prostitution arrests. Friends said she had appeared distraught after a friend was killed in February, and her apartment was broken into shortly afterward.
    Foul play is possible.

I think these were local girls. Like TKG said, this was a projects area. If you look at the mapquest map I posted for the one girl, whose location was more detailed, it seems like someone in those neighborhoods killed them, and took them right out there by the lake and dumped them to get rid of them fast. These girls that are missing were probably deemed to be runaways and just forgotten.

I hope we can find more.

Wonder if their purses, etc... and other body parts were thrown in that lake ??

JulieBee Guest

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1043.html

Unidentified Black Female

• The victim was discovered on March 12, 1977 at Lake Mann, Orange County, Florida
    • Estimated Date of Death: 4-6 Months
    • Partial Skeleton

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 11-20 years old closer to 13-17
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"-5'5" (63" est).
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair. Braided with various lengths of 5 to 13 cm.
    • Clothing: A bra and knit style bikini panties were present. The bra had a double blue heart design on the left cup, and lace present on both cups. Brand name was "Forever Yours" with a size of 34AA, Style 888. The bikini style panties were a fish net material and white in color.
    • Jewelry: A gold-colored pierced earring was found, along with a gold-colored ring with an adjustable band bearing the inscription "LOVE" in the set area.
    • Fingerprints: Not Available Limbs not recovered
    • Dentals: Available. Upper left first molar had a large untreated cavity.
    • DNA: Available

Case History
    The victim was located in a residential area off the shore of Lake Mann, Florida, that had dense undergrowth on March 12, 1977.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    District 20 Medical Examiner Office
    Michael Britt
    239-434-5020, extension 1
    Email
    OR
    District Nine Medical Examiner
    Sheri Blanton
    407-836-9400
    Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
    1977-00202

NCIC Number:
    N/A

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    FLUIDDB
    UDRS

I found a missing person that makes me wonder as Margie L Phillips disappeared from Fort Meyers Florida in a time range that might fit. And Fort Meyers is only abt 200 miles from Orlando. This has already probably been checked out wanted to know if any thoughts on this one before I call this one in too.

Okay. Ill admit it. Ive never called in to coroners office & I'm nervous. I think Im stalling. Betty told me what to say though so Im not sure why I am so nervous abt this! xxxxxxxx

Margie L Phillips
    Missing since April 22, 1976 from Fort Myers, Lee County, Florida
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 26, 1945
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 41 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 120 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.
    DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Phillips, a mother of four, was last seen in Fort Myers, FL on April 22, 1976. She was heading to a bank in downtown Fort Myers with her boyfriend.
    But no account activity was recorded that day, and nobody has seen her since. witnesses then said the couple was spotted driving north on US 41.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lee County Sheriff's Office
    Lori Williams
    239-477-1000
    OR
    CrimeStoppers
    800-780-TIPS

Agency Case Number: 86-26470

JulieBee Guest

I think these were local girls. Like TKG said, this was a projects area. If you look at the mapquest map I posted for the one girl, whose location was more detailed, it seems like someone in those neighborhoods killed them, and took them right out there by the lake and dumped them to get rid of them fast. These girls that are missing were probably deemed to be runaways and just forgotten.

I hope we can find more.

Wonder if their purses, etc... and other body parts were thrown in that lake ??
    You know the one girl had very nice braids done & Im not sure if those were done in a salon or not in 1976-77. I wonder if we could find out if any hair salons in that area that did braids like that.

I was just thinking, I bet this girl at least, was a little older, maybe a drop out from school or a runaway, because of that large untreated cavity. In 1977 at least, I don't know how things work now, but normally if a kid had a cavity that bad, the school would treat it if the parents could not afford it.

Hey, speaking of that, wonder, at the time, what were the closest schools to the area where they were found ?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast