No leads on missing man after 4 years

By Gene Park

POSTED: 02:30 a.m. HST, Oct 11, 2008
Question: Whatever happened to case of Gilbert Caravallo, a Pearl City man who went missing four years ago?
Answer: Caravallo was last seen on Oct. 6, 2004. Since then, police have had no leads as to where he may be.
"I would've thought that he'd be home by now," said his sister, Janey Lee Caravallo, who lives in California. "It's devastating, traumatic and I'm empty. I never thought that in a million years I could ever feel this way in my life."
Gilbert Caravallo, who was 35 when he went missing, helped his mother make potatoes during breakfast at their Pearl City home. Then he left the house, and it was the last time he was seen by family.
Caravallo apparently returned to the house when no one else was home. Later, a friend came to the house, and the two men walked to a store. As they were walking, another friend picked the two of them up, and after going to the store, they began to return home. The first friend left Caravallo and the driver alone.
The driver initially claimed he did not see Caravallo that day, but later said he had dropped him off home, claiming he had forgotten about the trip to the store. That's where the trail ends.
Caravallo would be 39 years old today. He was described as 6 feet tall, about 220 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He has "Gilbert C" tattooed on his back and a wizard tattoo on his right upper arm.
Caravallo's mother, Paulette Caravallo, is in California this week. On Monday, Janey Lee Caravallo went to get a tattoo of her brother's name redone, bringing her mother along.
"I didn't think she'd be able to do that," she said. "My mother is doing better than expected. We're not discussing it often. I don't want to bring it up or talk about it."
The Caravallo family has set up a Web site, www.findgilbert.com, with photos, an anonymous tip line and family contact information.
"It just saddens me to think that there's a strong possibility I may never hug my brother again," Janey Lee said.

Question: Whatever happened to case of Gilbert Caravallo, a Pearl City man who went missing four years ago?
Answer: Caravallo was last seen on Oct. 6, 2004. Since then, police have had no leads as to where he may be.
"I would've thought that he'd be home by now," said his sister, Janey Lee Caravallo, who lives in California. "It's devastating, traumatic and I'm empty. I never thought that in a million years I could ever feel this way in my life."
Gilbert Caravallo, who was 35 when he went missing, helped his mother make potatoes during breakfast at their Pearl City home. Then he left the house, and it was the last time he was seen by family.
Caravallo apparently returned to the house when no one else was home. Later, a friend came to the house, and the two men walked to a store. As they were walking, another friend picked the two of them up, and after going to the store, they began to return home. The first friend left Caravallo and the driver alone.
The driver initially claimed he did not see Caravallo that day, but later said he had dropped him off home, claiming he had forgotten about the trip to the store. That's where the trail ends.
Caravallo would be 39 years old today. He was described as 6 feet tall, about 220 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He has "Gilbert C" tattooed on his back and a wizard tattoo on his right upper arm.
Caravallo's mother, Paulette Caravallo, is in California this week. On Monday, Janey Lee Caravallo went to get a tattoo of her brother's name redone, bringing her mother along.
"I didn't think she'd be able to do that," she said. "My mother is doing better than expected. We're not discussing it often. I don't want to bring it up or talk about it."
The Caravallo family has set up a Web site, www.findgilbert.com, with photos, an anonymous tip line and family contact information.
"It just saddens me to think that there's a strong possibility I may never hug my brother again," Janey Lee said.