Thread: Tony "Bender" Strollo, Disappeared 1962

dice08 Tony "Bender" Strollo, Disappeared 1962

Genovese's rage, which appears to have claimed the life of Tony "Bender" Strollo (he disappeared in April 1962), eventually focused on Valachi, and the boss reportedly ordered his underling killed. Valachi was tipped off - he says it was by a Genovese "kiss of death." Believing he was acting in self-defense, Valachi killed another prisoner in June 1962, mistaking the man for Joe "Beck" DiPalermo. Valachi pleaded guilty to the homicide on July 17 and sought protection from federal authorities.
    His case was assigned to the FBI. After being repeatedly interviewed and then briefed on current Justice Department information on Mafia networks outside of New York, Valachi appeared be.....

http://www.onewal.com/w-valach.html

Default Re: Tony "Bender" Strollo, Disappeared 1962

Johny Dio was contracted to kill Valachi in prison.

TKG, are you positive the references to a Dioguardi brother in the 70s was Tommy, or was it is brother Johny ??

I'll put up more later, too sleepy from reading.

Texaskowgirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    Johny Dio was contracted to kill Valachi in prison.

TKG, are you positive the references to a Dioguardi brother in the 70s was Tommy, or was it is brother Johny ??

I'll put up more later, too sleepy from reading.
    You know what, I just did some more checking and now I'm not so sure.. I might of been mistaken (there are references to other Tommy's....)... Here's a point of reference for his year of birth... Johnny died in 1979.

Johnny Dio and 4 Others Held As Masterminds in Riesel Attack; DIO AND...
    $3.95 - New York Times - Aug 29, 1956Thomas Dioguardi, alias Tommy Dio, is 41 and lives at 55 Broome Avenue, Atlantic Beach, L. I. He is an executive of the Sonneborn-Meyrich Corporation, ...

Well, I'm not so sure if the guy in all the articles I found (even though he was found in the same exact spot) is Tommy terrific because they say the guy in the article was found May 29, memorial day and he had no hands. Tommy was found May 30 and he apparently had a diamond ring somewhere. lol !!!

Anthony Strollo vanished from his home in Fort Lee, NJ