Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Female, located April 18, 1980, Oklahoma

The Oklahoman , August 7, 1980

POLICE HOPE VICTIM LIKENESS HELPS CASE

The facial reconstruction of a hmicide victim found near Jones on April 18 has been completed and Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation officials hope the technique will help them discover the identity of the victim.

The nude body of the white woman, covered with a powdery substance, was found in a ditch along the North Canadian River 1 1/2 miles east of Jones, police said.

Jones police chief Ray Kerr said an autopsy by the State Medical Examiner's office showed the woman had been shot three times in the chest with a large caliber gun, possibly a pistol.

Kerr described the woman as freckle-faced, 18 to 23 years old, weighing about 120 pounds with shoulder length, straight brown hair and crooked teeth.

Pictures of the victim's reconstructed face were released to the news media Wednesday and pictures will be distributed to lawmen throughout the region today, OSBI spokesman Paul Renfrow said.

"We've been in contact with law enforcement agencies throughout the nation. We'll send copies to almost every law enforcement agency in the country," he said.

Although police are still checking information gathered from people who called after the OSBI and the Jones Police Department released a composite drawing of the woman in April, many leads have been eliminated, Renfrow said.

Many of the calls have been in reference to a red, heart-shaped tattoo outlined in blue over the victim's laft breast, he said.

"We got a lot of calls. A lot of them we could rule out immediately but a lot were good enough to follow up. "We're hoping, with this relatively new technique that someone will recognize her and call us," he said.

The technique has been used by OSBI in the past and provides a more lifelike look than drawings, officials said.....

I don't know why, but this case really is near and dear to me. I guess maybe it's the fact that someone dumped lime on her, and tried to conceal her identity. Who is she anyways ?? I have often wondered this. I read in some article one time, that when a bullet impacted her body, it shot a dime straight through her, indicating that she had been dressed, or perhaps had held up a handbag in her defense for her life. I think someone who knew her killed her, and knew they could be connected to her. Very sad that there is such meanness in the world.

I am glad to have located the photo of her tattoo. Perhaps someone, someday will recognize it.

Default Re: Unidentified Female, located April 18, 1980, Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    I don't know why, but this case really is near and dear to me. I guess maybe it's the fact that someone dumped lime on her, and tried to conceal her identity. Who is she anyways ?? I have often wondered this. I read in some article one time, that when a bullet impacted her body, it shot a dime straight through her, indicating that she had been dressed, or perhaps had held up a handbag in her defense for her life. I think someone who knew her killed her, and knew they could be connected to her. Very sad that there is such meanness in the world.
    • Found on April 18, 1980, on a bank of the Canadian River near Jones, 20 miles NE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
    • Cause of death was homicide. The victim was shot three times with a .45-caliber revolver.

Vital Statistics
    • Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old.
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'7" (168-170 cm);120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish/brown hair. Fair complexion with freckles on face and upper torso. Appendectomy scar. No fractures.
    • Clothing: None found.
    • Dental: Extensive dental work done, some teeth out of alignment.
    • Tattoos: Tattoo of small heart above left breast; heart and line in blue ink, center of heart colored with red ink.
    • Fingerprints: Available

Case History
    The victim is believed to have been dressed at the time of the murder as a dime was hit by a bullet and driven into her body.

There ya go Star it is on the original doe poster.

Yah, they also said there was fabric between the dime and a bone of her spine I think it was.

bettybrown1623 Guest

I wish them mothers would call us !!!

Betty, I never seen this one, thanks !!!

bettybrown1623 Guest

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast